My first blog award! I was very excited to receive this nomination from Megan at A Geeky Gal – check out her blog for all things geeky.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What are three interesting facts about yourself? 1) I love seafood. 2) I’m a huge introvert and can be difficult to talk to sometimes, but you can occasionally get me on a topic that I won’t shut up about. 3) I wrote a paper on let’s plays and streamers for school.
Where would you like to be in 10 years? I don’t have a really specific answer for this, but I’d like to be working at a job I enjoy and not in food/retail/customer service. I just have to figure out what I want to do.
What are your goals for the next month? The holiday season is here and I work at a coffee shop that also does retail, so I’m really just hoping to keep from burning out. I would like to get back into my job search, but that may get pushed back so I can relax while I’m at home and I can get holiday shopping done.
How has your blog changed since it was first created? I just started blogging 5 months ago and I think the main change is that it’s much more organized. I plan out ideas in advance and I post more regularly, and I’ve maintained a weekly Music Monday series.
If someone wanted to understand you, what game would they play? Celeste. Madeline’s story and the idea that making mistakes leads to growth really resonated with me.
What is your favorite video game quote? I thought about picking one from Celeste, but I couldn’t find lists of quotes from it anywhere and I didn’t wanna watch a whole let’s play to find one, so I picked on from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, because quotes from Zelda are readily available on the internet – “Tell me… Do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls? They say it’s the only time when our world intersects with theirs… The only time we can feel the lingering regrets of spirits who have left our world.That is why loneliness always pervades the hour of twilight.”
What game are you most looking forward to? It’s a tie between Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Breath of the Wild 2. But if I had to pick, I’d saw Animal Crossing at the moment because it has a release date I can look forward to.
What game are you currently playing? Pokémon Shield! I’ve completed the main game and now I’m working on completing my pokédex (which I’ve never done before) and shiny hunting (I already got a shiny koffing).
If your favorite character had a modern song as their theme, what song would it be? I’m not really sure who my favorite character is, so I just went through my music to see if anything matched any characters I liked, and I thought Hard Times by Paramore really fits with Madeline from Celeste.
What is one thing you want to change about your blog? I’d like to have a more custom design for my site, I just need some time to sit down and figure out what that might be.
What blog posts to you read the most? I enjoy reading posts that look at video games in a different way than we usually think about them. Whether it’s about food or trends, or something personal, I love when people go beyond reviews.
- What video game town would you want to live in?
- Do you enjoy crafting in video games? If so, what game has your favorite crafting mechanics?
- What would your pokémon gym theme be?
- What is your favorite video game food or drink and have you ever made it?
- What’s your favorite art style or medium?
- What game has your favorite soundtrack?
- If you made a video game, what would it be like? What would be its genre and premise?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What blog posts do you enjoy writing the most?
- What do you enjoy outside of video games?
- What video game crossover would you love to see?
eiffelcattower at LilyHannah’s Island
Kim at Later Levels
Nathan at Gaming Omnivore
Stephen at Honest Gamer
Michelle at A Geek Girl’s Guide
Aaron at This is art, not real life
hobbitsofhyrule at It’s Dangerous To Go Alone
Kelly at Why We Play Games
Angie at Backlog Crusader
Dale Hooper at UnCapt